Friday, April 1, 2011

Video Game Parkour

My friends and I one day got into looking up a ton a videos on the topic of Parkour. You know that free running thing like the game Mirrors Edge. So we watch so many of these videos that we got to talking about doing it ourselves. Realistically none of us are in good enough shape and it's a slim chance that any of us ever would be but we can still dream, can't we?

Anyway I was doing my daily browsing of Kotaku when I stumbled upon this article. In a brand new place called Tempest Free Running Academy there has been a bond between video games and Parkour. Basically it's a gym for those who want to practice free running with a ton of walls, ramps, bars, and platforms to climb and jump on. But all the equipment has been painted and themed around the virtual world so that one may play a video game while staying active. 


Unfortunately it's all the way in California and there is still a small chance that I ever would be fit enough to show my face in a place like this but one can hope and perhaps a summer road trip may soon be in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment